Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lavender-Lemon Marmalade Done!

The lavender-lemon marmalade is resting after its boiling water bath and time will tell whether I'm absolutely brilliant or absolutely insane.  Perhaps a bit of both.  Worth noting is that I still haven't been to the store to get more sugar.  (In my case, homemaker also means homebody.)  This marmalade has about 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar, 1-2/3 cups turbinado sugar and about 1-1/4 cups honey.  Simply because that's what I had.  All I have left now is brown sugar.  But it does have me thinking . . .

And I know I shouldn't reuse commercial jars for canning, but I had a few that I just couldn't give up.  Although I won't advocate to anyone else to do this, I will say they sealed quite well.  Waiting for the marmalade to cool to see if it sets and how it tastes will be excruciating.  I feel a time warp invading the kitchen already.


The verdict on brilliance or insanity:  a bit of insanity that accidentally conjured a stroke of brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?