Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Projects

After a strenuous internal debate, I passed on the hubs offered to shop for more fruit with me.  That painful decision came when I did an inventory of the marmalade I have on hand.  I think  35 jars of marmalade is more than sufficient.  So now I'm going to switch gears while I wait for the new parts for my pressure canner to arrive.

There are two things I want to try this week.  I've had caramel/caramel sauce lurking in the back of my mind for awhile now.  The plan is to try some caramels made with goats milk and butter.  Just to be different.  Next, I've been conjuring a recipe in my head for a chocolate cake with figs and port.  Of course, the end result will be cupcakes as those are easier to give away than a partially eaten cake.  I also want to make a brittle using coffee beans; but that will take all of about 15 minutes.  Oh, and I need to experiment with my recipe to enter into the Alaska Seafood Fish Taco recipe contest (http://www.alaskafishtaco.com/#/contest).  That should be enough to keep my occupied while I'm waiting for parts to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?